Friday 22 June 2007

A testimony of God's gracious gift

Ps 103:3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases
Ps 103:5 who satisfies your desires with good things

These few verses actually reminds me of God's gracious gift to both Ming Fai and me even as we watch baby Jan grow day by day.

I was first diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) just 1 mth before my wedding in Jun 2005 and the doctor said it would not be easy for me to conceive. It is a sub-fertility condition and boy was I devastated! I had to be on medication for a few months to regulate my condition. Thank God for my best friend, Andrea, who was there to comfort me. She told me that children are a blessing from God and nothing is impossible for Him. Ming Fai was also very understanding and gave me lots of reassurance and emotional support.

I remembered the disappointments when we first started trying for a kid and after a few months, we decided to really commit it to God. Family and friends around us kept asking when we were going to have a kid. My standard reply then was "When God blesses and in His timing". We tried for almost a year and just a mth before we were going to seek help, I conceived! God has indeed satisfied our hearts' desires =)

Ps 103:17 But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children

I want to claim God's promise that from everlasting to everlasting, His love will be with those who fear him and his righteousness will be with my children's children. I pray that God's blessings will flow from generation to generation and Jan will be a testimony of God's grace to people around her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thx God for the blessing and grace He showered in your life!!! very touched when reading this and I'm sorry for knowing all these so late or I would have been extremely glad to have witnessed God's provision and arrangement all along....feel really joyful with your family!!