Saturday 26 July 2008

Jan Hits the Road!

DSCF4024

We were originally waiting for Jan to master her walk without support before taking her on a road test, but then one day I had an ah-ha moment--for safety sake, I would still hold her hand when she's walking, so why wait?

As such, a few days ago, Jan started her first steps outside the house.  Indeed, one small step for man, one giant leap for Jan-kind (haha...more like for the parents)

Anyway, one interesting development is Jan started associating her shoes with the phrase "美美" (i.e. pretty).  The reason being that when we first put those shoes on for her, we pointed to her that the shoes were very pretty.  As a result, she would go "美美" when we mention her shoes.

Back to the main topic, Jan's walk outside the house progressed quite rapidly.  I started with a short walk on the corridor outside the house, and in no time we started bringing her for longer walks downstairs.  I think she has grown to like walking, as at times she would be tugging me around instead of me leading her.  Looking forward to her walking even more steadily!

No comments: